- Avoid excessive heat. The MicroScribe is designed to work at room temperature.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Prevent static electricity discharge. Be sure the serial cable is always connected.
- Prevent physical shock to the unit especially the joints.
- Allow for cooling around device. At least three (3) inches on all sides.
- Avoid moisture and all contaminants.
- Always transport in case provided.
- Ensure the stylus is in its holder prior to turning on the power.
- Turn off the power while the system is not in use.
- Never connect any external cables while the power is on.
- Clean off any spills immediately.
- Never pack the system with the stylus in the home position.
- NEVER TRY TO FORCE THE MICROSCRIBE BEYOND ITS PHYSICAL LIMITS.
If the MicroScribe requires excessive force to move, it is becuse you have
reached a mechanical limit. Forcing beyond these limits can result in damage
to the system.